Happy Lunar New Year 2012 in the year of the Dragon.
Sasara-chan goes to China town. ❤
2. This is the train entrance of Singapore’s China Town, the Chinese name is 牛车水 instead of 唐人街 becos Singapore’s population is mainly Chinese so it will be weird to name a street for the Chinese. 牛车水 means Cow(牛) Vehicle(车) and Water(水). Many decades ago, a lot of carts pulled by cows ferrying water can be seen here thus the name.
3. Very crowded as you go deeper. The weather is good when we visited last week. These few days have been raining almost every day.
4. Sasara-chan is wearing a cheongsam 旗袍 which is a traditional dress for Chinese ladies. It is body hugging have cutting at the sides to shows off the thighs. ^^;
Bought this beautiful cheongsam at the Harujuku VOLKS store during my trip to Tokyo last month. They still have a white one if anyone is interested.
5. Red and Gold are prosperous colours for the Chinese so you see of decorations in red and gold on sale during this period.
6. DD size Chinese Lion Dance lion.
7. S$15 only.
8. Some Chinese New Year clothes for the kids. Cheap. Only S$10.
9. The one priced at S$8 is known as a 肚兜 aka ancient Chinese underwear. Very sexy indeed. Bareback and very cooling at the bottom. ^^;
10. Human size cheongsam. As you can see, this one is tailored for ladies with bigger bust. Like Sasara-chan. ^^;
19. Some Chinese wall scroll 春联 wishing you safety whenever you go, flourishing bossiness, make big money for the new year etc.
20. These are call yuan bao 元宝, a form of currency in ancient China. Made of gold or silver. The ones behind Sasara-chan are not made of pure gold unfortunately.
21. Fake fire crackers. Igniting fire crackers is a big part of Chinese New Year but for safety reason and to prevent fire hazards, it is banned in Singapore. Only for the Chinese New Year countdown party at Chinese Town do we get to see fire crackers been ignited.
22. Some lantern decorations.
23. Some things to hand on the wall other than moe 2D anime girls.
24. Red packets. These are for parents and seniors to put money inside to give to children.
25. S$1 for a pack. Very nice design. Good for collection too.
27. Not sure are these officially licensed? Probably not.
29. Wall of Chinese New Year food. Cheap too. 1 for only S$2.50.
30. Gelatin dessert 果冻 and mochi 麻糬 from Taiwan.
31. Chinese New Year snacks of various varieties.
32. 年糕 Nian Gao or Chinese New Year’s cake.
33. More wall scrolls.
35. Some very amazing paper carft here. Not sure if they cut this by hand? Just look at the details.
38. Some 1/6 size dolls. 1 for $4.
41. Wonder does Disney approve this?
42. 招财猫 Maneki Neko, looks fatter than the 招き猫 from Japan. ^^;
43. These are rather cute I must say.
44. Lucky grass doll. Water them and they will start to grow green hair.
45. Some bread key chain. I have one of these. They smell like real bread too! Amazing. @.@!
46. Huge sun flower is huge.
47. No idea what is name of this flower.
50. Ok that’s all from China Town. ^^;