Good news AKB48 fans, now you get to see the girls perform live in Singapore on regular basis from this month onwards and spend your hard/easy earned dough or pocket money or both on merchandises at their official shop which opened yesterday.
2. Located at *SCAPE in Orchard Road, The AKB48 shop is the first of its kind in South-east Asia and will boost all sort of merchandises direct from Japan.
3. Before the official opening of the store, a press conference was held at *SCAPE and we have here Mr Shawn Chin, Project Director of AKB48 Singapore, going through with the media upcoming AKB48 events in Singapore including live AKB48 Theatre performances with up to 4 concerts held on a monthly basis and a AKB48 cafe to open in the end of June 2011. For more information, stay tuned to AKB48 Singapore website for more updates.
4. 3 members of the girls band, who flew in to grace the opening of the store, takes to the stage to answer questions from the media.
5. Misaki Iwasa, born 1995. (Ignore the sign on the table, camera angle)
6. Mika Komori, born 1994
7. Miho Miyazaki, born 1993
9. Misaki-chan is my favourite out of the 3.
11. So how about the store?
12. Very long queue desu which stretched all the way outside.
13. It’s common sight to see flower bouquets at a new shop opening from well wishers and business partners to wish the store with flourishing business. Which I am sure will be.
15. The girls opens the door and pose for photos.
16. Some of the stuffs on sale.
18. The autographs are unfortunately not for sale.
24. Back to the conference room again while the fans below get their hands on the goods. What’s going on here is a handshake session for fans who purchase at least $15 from the store.
25. The girls are back after a short break.
28. That’s all for yesterday. 1 final pose before the girls end their day.
29. So what did I bought after queuing up for 2 hours. Just 3 patches. That’s enough for me. ^^;