Shower Figures

If there anything the world can do without, I would say let it be dust. So that I don’t have to clean my figures.

Regrettably it is wishful thinking and cleaning still have to be done, as much as I hate to do it. Dust gathers up just too quickly! ><

Here we have all the figures that are taking a shower today on the bathroom floor. Showering is the quickest way to clean lots of figures compared to dusting with a brush in my opinion.

The humid weather here means the figures tend to “sweat” a lot, meaning covered in a layer of sticky oil. Thus soap is the more effective way of removing oil and dust. Here Kyou is all soaped up and scrubbed clean.

Washing off the soap with the shower nozzle.

Wiping it dry with a cloth.

Above the washing machine to air the figures.

This entry was posted in Figures. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Shower Figures

Now your figurines looks like brand new 😉

2. Q says:

Any particular types of soap you will advise or recommend, or any is fine? Just curious.

3. Blowfish says:

Oh dude youre using a toothbrush?

I tried to dust down my figures with one of those make up applying brushes girls use.I mean whats good for girls cant be bad for plastic girls?

Unluckily i noticed that even such a soft brush leaves micro scratches on the figures or even more clearly on the base.Noticed this relatively fast on one of the mirrored bases so I was able to prevent a disaster.

That must be even worse with a toothbrush right?

• yes it is worst with a toothbrush. the normal flat bases are all covered with scratches. but it’s alright with me. i don’t really care about the bases, i prefer figures without bases except those with special design.^^;

4. lu-k says:

Reminds me I should do this sooner or later ^^;
    I use to give my displayed figures a shower regularly… dust gathers up too quickly indeed T_T
    And instead of removing it regularly, like every 2 or 3 days, I wait, I wait, I wait… and then the only solution remaining is then the shower ^^;;
    I might try with a toothbrush next time.

5. Reltair says:

Oh wow, that’s some hardcore cleaning. I usually just use an air duster and microfiber cloth.

6. I’ve never once thought of cleaning figures with soap and water. I just use those Pledge ‘dust wipes’ and wipe ’em off.

7. Nopy says:

I’m too afraid to wash my figures with soap and water, the paint might come off or something. I just wipe them down with a tissue.

8. Fabrice says:

Thats it!
    Cleaning figures tmr ^^

looks brand new

9. paris says:

lol
    great collection and take care of them 😉