End Of Year (EOY) is a major cosplay event that is held annually, as the name implies, at end of the year, somewhere in December. This year a new team has taken over the management of running probably Singapore’s oldest cosplay tradition.
The venue changed as well. Previous years it was held at Singapore EXPO which is like the other end from where I live. Time and energy spent traveling there with hundred of kg(s) of armoury and arsenal would have been killer. So it’s a very welcoming relief to know that this year’s brand new event is held at the National Library, right at the heart of Singapore.
Firstly, I will like to thank the EOY organizer for inviting me, you have my gratitude. Special thanks to the team who has been very prompt in replying our queries at a local dominant cosplay forum.
As per last year, it is good to know that a storage area has been allocated for everyone to put their bags and other bulky stuffs. To top it off, it’s free and guarded by the event staff. +1 to thoughtfulness! This is ideal for people especially cosplayers who came alone. If not one will have to find friend(s), be it they willing or not, to carry all your stuffs for you. Poor friends.
Anyway the storage room looks pretty much utilised when I was leaving and was quite messy. If I may suggest maybe next year can get the users to line up their belongings in an orderly manner so that space can be use to the maximum so more people can use it.
Logistic aside, I very much enjoyed the event. Such events are great to catch up with friends and to make new friends. I didn’t catch any of the stage happenings including special guest star pianist and singer Yui Makino’s stage performance. Reckon my situation won’t allow me to fit in there so decided to give it a miss. Good thing my good reliable comrades from the The Banzai! Effect uploaded her performance online. Click here. Fuwa Fuwa♪ sounds nice. Initially I was something from K-ON! ^^;
Ok enough talk for now…
6. hide lives! (takes note that the name is to be spelled all in lowercase) Another friend who came as his favourite musician. Very nice getup! Upon inspecting his jacket I realise the golden round buttons running down his sleeve are just the right kind I am looking for my school uniform!
15. Another friend. Eventhough she lives near me, this is the 2nd time I saw her. She has a very nice smile as you can tell. The red plastic bag contains a gundam. Forget to ask her what that’s for. ^^;
17. Rukia. She even brought her hand drawn drawing of Rukia’s drawing.
19. Check out last year’s post. ^^
21. Not only that, I also saw a fellow sergeant! Long time no see Windbell, well known in the circle for his good looks photography and programming skills.
36. Saw this pretty photographer in a cute cap/hat outisde. There seems to be a increasing number of female photographers at cosplay events which is a good sign. As to why it’s a good sign? Let me go think about it and I’ll get back to you.
41b. Here’s a shot of all 6 of them on stage taken by Speedknight.
43. Dollfie Escalayer with Grey dolphin-kun, who has a twin brother blue dolphin-kun who has relocated to Japan. As with his brother here in Singapore, blue dolphin-kun is in the company of many lovely girls. ^^;
44. Lastly, This cute Mio wall scroll here is drawn by the talented artists from local doujin studio Collateral Damage Studios aka CDS.
The other 4 girls of the Keionbu are avaliable as well. Blog post here. Each scroll is S$12, full set is cheaper at S$50. Although the blog post says no pre-order, but when I visited their booth where this pic is taken, they are actually in fact accepting pre-orders. I guess the scrolls must be selling pretty well. ^^;
If any locals wish to get their hands on one (or 5!), you may e-mail them at email@example.com for more details.
Special thanks to all those who helped me take these pics, especially Haldir who took most of them.