Games Convention Asia Cosplay

Last Saturday there was a small gaming convention in town. Wasn’t motivated to go initially but when I heard that Taiga is coming, I changed my mind…

2. Yup that’s my Taiga shirt. I don’t know why I bought it even though the anime never really captivated me.

4. She suits the character real well.

5. “Master Jedi, what is this curious object in my hand I found at the crime scene?”

6. I didn’t carry any weapons that day as I am waiting for my BFG to arrive so I brought this ring thingy which totally confused the crowd. ^^;

When the public ask me what am I holding? It’s kinda hard to explain so I told them to watch A New Hope. ^^; Here’s a screen shot from the movie. So what is this ring thingy? Poll at the end of this post.

7. A few mates from the local garrison were also around, together with a Jedi babe who is also one of us. Why are Stormtroopers with a Jedi? Just imagine they are clones ok? ^^;

8. For unofficial events like this one, I usually wear my Anime Fem Trooper Patch.

9. A shot with the lovely booth babes.

10.

11. Trying on the ring on this droid to see if it fits. Nope doesn’t fit, guess I’ll just have to continue looking for the one it fits.

12. With a photographer-turned-cosplayer friend on the left.

13. With my friend Jason who’s here to add more victims to his body count.

14. With another friend who’s back as female archer. I love this shot. ^^;

15.

16.

17. Lovely BlazBlue’s Noel cosplay.

18. I have a feeling I’ll meet her soon. (‘~’)

More pics of the event here.

Btw I realise these 2 years, for any conventions big or small, cosplay competition seems to be inside one of it’s progammes. No doubt as a selling point to attract more people to come. Cosplayers are also more than willing to make an appearance as well since after all, unlike Akihabara or Harajuku, they can’t parade down the streets in costume on Sunday. So such events are the only opportunity for cosplayers to dress up. Having said that I don’t see why can’t people wear their costumes and hang out at Orchard Road? Maybe everyone is just waiting for someone to start the ball rolling? (‘~’)

Photo Credit
Pic 1, 6, 14 – FiamaArin
Pic 3, 12, 13, 15, 16 – SakurazakiNaoki
Pic 4, 17, 18 – Kula
Pic 9 – GCA Facebook

This entry was posted in Cosplay. Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Games Convention Asia Cosplay

1. tj han says:

Fuck the suit is such a babe magnet.

2. Hangmen says:

I didn’t know Stormtrooper armor are also knife magnet (sides’ the fact that it’s a notorious laser magnet).

3. Gunstray says:

GAAAIEEE!! Noel cosplayer is CUTE ❤

wow those girls are very cute.
    The Taiga girl cosplay is awesome too. like the real Taiga from the show.

Oh damn you Gordon the model in pic 10 was the one I liked the most out of the GamerTalk ones. 😦

6. Reltair says:

Going to wear that t-shirt around?

7. Fiama says:

=D my picts luh thanks!

8. Wow, she is a good Taiga. Very cute ^^

9. Garion says:

Nice er…ring!

Yeah the Taiga cosplayer, she’s the “best Taiga cosplayer in Sg” according to the words of another anime blogger. She really fits the role to a T. Her online nick’s Kurohoshi if I’m not mistaken. ^^

BTW the guy whose your friend in no. 12, whats his name btw? He said hi to me at the event but I couldn’t recall his nick/name. ^^;

10. @ pic 11

Cinderella? =D

11. Q says:

Oh the Archer cosplayer is back 😮

And Taiga cosplayer does look like Taiga there (I’ve left the series on hiatus again) – it’s unusual for me to see people cosplaying so close to the character, even by the looks of it!

12. sbhboi says:

Sweet yummy yum girls on the spot ! Bro should hook with more often. ^^

13. Polprav says:

Hello from Russia!
    Can I quote a post in your blog with the link to you?

14. AK says:

Eh, that’s my wedding ring you’re holding! :3

15. Blacklash says:

TD8316! HOW many girls are you trying to offer my proposal ring to! D<

/draws Bakuya and Kanshou

16. Jedd says:

Does anyone know who the Jedi babe is? I met her and got to take a few pictures during the Toy Carnival @ Singapore Art Museum in July last year, and have been wondering who she is since.

• and what do you want to do once you know who she is? Add her on Facebook? See her pictures? 😆

• Jedd says:

Mainly look up more pictures of her at similar events. It’s always nice to see good-looking girls cosplaying, especially as Star Wars characters (because mostly it’s anime/manga characters). It will just provide a little closure. You can also let her know she has a fan! Nothing malicious lah.

17. Pingback: Games Convention Asia 2009 | Iztopics