Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Deja Vu

Watching the new season of Fullmetal Alchemist left me with a sense of Deja Vu. Principal characters’ voices sounded uncannily like ones from the predecessor anime it has taken over the time slot from.

Rie Kugimiya returns to voice Alphonse Elric who also is Nena Trinity, the psycho bitch from Gundam 00.

In a totally unexpected move, we have Gundam 00’s Lockon Stratos voicing Roy Mustang. Maybe it’s because Lockon’s voice is so distinguished, whenever Roy speaks he immediately reminds me of the charismatic sharpshooter in Gundam 00. This will need some getting use to. But am glad that the seiyu of Lockon’s Haro is not voicing Riza Hawkeye.

This scene of Lockon lighting up is the only remote resemblance to Roy Mustang.

I don’t know? It’s kinda weird to see Hughes alive after witnessing his tragic departure in the manga so many years ago.

Keiji Fujiwara returns to voice Maes Hughes. He’s also Ali Al-Saachez in Gundam 00.

From ruthless killer…

…to devoted family man.

Kimbley’s previous seiyu Yūji Ueda voices Billy Katagiri in Gundam 00 but in this new season is taken over by Hiroyuki Yoshino, the voice behind Allelujah/Hallelujah, also from Gundam 00.

At least we see some similarities, like the wicked smile.

And what’s with the cheesy sounding English announcement during the commercial break anyway?

Are there anymore characters whom I missed out who share the same seiyu in Gundam 00?

This entry was posted in Anime. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Deja Vu

1. CK says:

Its good they are remaking this, but somehow the animation quality seems to have dipped a little, what’s with the roundish faces =\

2. Dang it, I still need to watch this. >.< Thanks for reminding me.

The english announcement makes my hair stand 😛 Wonder how this season’s gonna turn out! I agree about the weird to see characters who were killed off be back this time ^^;

4. Gi says:

I didn’t even notice the voices until you pointed them out. I hope you do photo captions again every episode like what you did during Gundam 00. I tried to catch up with Gundam 00, then after I finished an episode, I would go here to read your funny captions =)

5. optic says:

It’s a good thing I haven’t watched Gundam 00 yet.
    Well, it’s likely I won’t watch it anyway but I really should give it a go.

6. Marianto says:

Romi Park still sounding as good as ever.

This will be the very anime that I will find the time to watch amongst my now busy stint. I missed the previous series terrbly XD..

7. sbhboi says:

Just start watching this anime though, luckily they did re-make fullmetal to follow up manga, now I won’t miss my anime !

8. FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST.

9. At least they didn’t use the in-house dubbers in Animax… the horror…

***off topic

btw, how do you put watermarks on your photos automatically by batch?

10. aprilius20 says:

Hmm. Haven’t watched it yet, but nothing can be worse than hearing Lelouch’s voice coming out of the mouth of that guy in Akikan^^;;

11. gd4u says:

yea, damn weird to see everyone alive again …
    Did they think we are sadist to watch them die all over again ???

12. rangerroh says:

Oh you got that right! Those english anouncements give me goosebumps. As for the anime itself I am glad that they are going to follow the manga. But how much of it will they follow? hmmm… We’ll just have to wait and see. I love your episodic remarks on anime. It puts a smile in my face. ^^

13. Otaku Dan says:

I watched the first 2 episodes and i felt the magic was there

14. where’s your feed link? I come here back and fort* not knowing when it updates XP

*spell check

15. Q says:

Didn’t know that many seiyuus from 00 are voicing on this FMA o_o

Still haven’t started watching any of the new season anime yet orz. Will try get around to it next week or so -_-;;

16. konadora says:

Never watched any Gundam series, so I don’t know. But yeah, the intermission sequence was really.. bad.

And Mustang, I simply can’t get used to the different seiyuu 😦

But other than that, I simply have no bad remarks. Graphics, music (Uso is awesome), ED sequence, colors, everything. Very well done.

17. JafriZain2009 says:

Gundam 00 re-union casts updated!

Mamoru miyano – Ling (Setsuna F seiei)

Yuuichi Nakamura – Greed (Graham Acre)

Umezu hideyuki – Barry the chopper (Ian Vasthi)

• gordon says:

thanks for the info! interesting! ^^;

• JafriZain2009 says:

That’s not all!

Hohemheim VA was voiced by Unshou Ishizuka (Sergei Smirnov)!

• gordon says:

hey bro, thanks for following up on this! another gundam 00 alumni joins the list! ^^

• JafriZain2009 says:

Well I hope you guys can make a new & update blog about this Gundam 00 reunion thingy especially who made this blog. This blog needs to be updated so bad including comparison pics! I mean I’ve been obsessed watching gundam 00 until i can hear those seiyuu voices in my head all the time!

PS- some minor cast from 00 were also in the FMA as well.

(Updated after EP 40)

Tetsu Inada (Barrack) – Roa
            Kazuki Yao (Arba Lindt) – yoki
            Tokuyoshi Kawashima (Klaus Gardo) – Riddle
            Ryozaburo Otomo (Homer Katagiri) – Bucaneer
            Daisuke Namikawa (Michael Trinity) – Van Hohenheim (Young)

Somebody who are on animesuki forum should make about this blog so badly….