The 501st Legion Singapore Garrison Celebrates St Patrick’s Day 2009

“This is a rain or shine event,” was what we were told for this year’s St Patrick’s Day parade, celebrating Ireland national holiday. Sure enough, it rained but all the performers withstood the elements and marched through the downpour with resolve.

15th March 2009, the day of the event started out bright and sunny but took a turn for the worse as the parade nears commencement. Spirits were high despite the wet weather with school bands and street performers continuing playing their musical instruments. The audiences were fantastic and sporting with many standing in the rain with umbrella snapping pictures of the marching contingents.

As for us, it will take more than rain to bring Vader and his band of fearless troopers down!

This is a pictures intensive post. If one doesn’t feel like looking, check out the youtube video below instead.

Here’s 3 of our 5 sand troopers for the parade. They look so cool.

I know someone who  is dying to get his hands on a boba armour.
Sorry but we have enough Vaders for the time being. ^^;

According to our Boba, the helmet alone cost more than the Jabba the Hutt’s bounty on Han Solo’s head.

Awesome details.

Mini Boba and Mini Clone joins in.

Guess who? ^^;

My senior who was with me during last year xmas kettling. A great guy.

I can’t stop drooling each time I look at my senior’s backpack.
Too awesome beyond words.

We have a Snowtrooper but sadly it didn’t snowed. Will be cool if it did.

Our contingent was made up of Siths and Jedis as well. Slick sword moves they have.

This is when it started to rain.

The school band marches on in the rain.

I like this shot a lot.

The little girl must be thinking, “Who are all these robots in black and white?” ^^;

The elite Sandtroopers of the Garrison.

Commander Cody was there as well. Nice outfit.

Pics were taken by friends of the Garrison, namely my buddy Nick and also Joe and wife Rebeca from here.

This entry was posted in 501st Legion. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to The 501st Legion Singapore Garrison Celebrates St Patrick’s Day 2009

1. aprilius20 says:

Looks like someone had fun^-^
    Love this photo:

p.s. Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever done a Jabba the Hutt cosplay?

2. pus2meong says:

The StormTroopers with bazooka thing in the second picture is cool ^^

3. FatB says:

Damn you’re skinny!

4. demonick_angel says:

heh thanks for the invite.

5. dice says:

The elite Sandtroopers of the Garriso – i like!

6. kazearashi says:

Haha looks like you guys had so much fun =D Too bad I missed it, I forgot what I was doing on that day lol… I’ll try to see you guys the next time you’re going on trooping =D

7. Danny Choo says:

OK – how about 2000 USD for the boba armor instead?

8. Pingback: Hot News » St Patrick S Day 2009

9. Hangmen says:

Hey, I recognized that toy gun. I have the original, unmodified version of that used in my cosplay on December of last year. It makes crappy laser sound so I took the damn battery out.

This is the event that I participated in last year:

10. Persocom says:

looks like a lot of fun, I didn’t do anything special for St. Patrick’s Day, and I’m part Irish. I really do need to get out more.

Cool pictures. Now you have a green Irish parade patch ^^

12. Lene says:

Gordon! 😀

I love the St. Patrick’s patches. So cute! And the picture of all of the Sandtroopers looks so epic. Loved all the photos! Always looking like you’re having so much fun.

Last thing that Lester’s done was wander around campus with his armor. He got a free burrito just by walking into a restaurant, haha 🙂

Hope all is well! Sorry I haven’t visited in a while. School has pretty much taken over my life ; ;

• gordon says:

a free burrito? wow, maybe i’ll try it as well. ^^;

ya i understand how school can be take up much of one’s time. study hard and play hard as well!

13. tflops says:

Who’s Italian in your family? Awesome garrison squad.

14. Q says:

Oh nice trooping event, even though my knowledge of Star Wars is next to 0 -_-;

But there’s one thing I do recognise there: 2 of the sandtroopers there are carrying the German MG34!!! 😄

15. rangerroh says:

OH WOW!!!!!! I didnt know people outside of the United States celebrated Saint Patti’s day. Whats even more amazing is that you guy do it in style! Hahahaha… It must have been fun with your garrison. ^^ I Love the outfits.

16. marvinryan says:

love the bobba in the rain shot as well.

17. AK says:

Can’t stop admiring our senior’s modified scout sniper rifle. Especially the P90 part and the bipod. 😛

18. Azmi says:

SEJA’s fight scene at this year’s St Pat’s Day Parade.

This is just a trailer tho

19. Pingback: Merlion « Gordonator