Haruhi Hits the Beach

I walked into the SOS-dan clubhouse not knowing what uncertainties await me today. The last misadventure almost burnt down the whole school. Not forgetting the one before that nearly killed Mikuru-chan.

I put down my bag and glanced through the room. Yuki was by the window reading her book as always. Mikuru-chan and Itsuki was nowhere to be seen, probably due to classes. And there she was sitting in front of the computer. She said nothing. She did not seem to notice me at all or maybe she is just ignoring me.

I sat down and pondered what to do next. I wish Mikuru-chan were here. She will be serving me tea right now. The atmosphere is awfully quiet. Maybe I should say something to break the silence…

“I have decided!” She shouted out loud before I can say anything.

Oh no, not another of her crazy ideas that might get us into trouble or cost us our lives, I thought to myself.

“Let’s go to the beach!” She said.

I stared blindly at her. Well that sounds harmless enough to me…

Beautiful 1/7 scale figure by Kotobukiya.

Tank top removable to reveal deadly curves.

Genki smile.

Nice eyes.

Yokopai.

Back dimples.

Yuki joins in the fun as well.

Excellent figure that comes with an un-excellent base. It’s made of cork and has “Epic Fail” written all over it. Good thing Haruhi is able to stand on her own and in fact looks better without the base.

Fortunately I managed to find a use for the crappy base.

This entry was posted in Figures. Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Haruhi Hits the Beach

1. 聖者 says:

Ha ha ha! You gave the poor base no love. You made it a hot cup holder.

2. GNdynames says:

It’s still a base for something, so it has served its purpose XD

She’s gorgeous, when’d you get her?

3. chun says:

I can hear Fatb shouting THIS IS BEACH! 😛

lol I guess they were trying to make it look like she’s kneeling on sand? ^^;
    nice use for it 😛

Great shots Gordon! keep it up yokopais and all ^^

4. 聖者 says:

GNdynames

I suppose that is true. Ho ho ho!

Chun

Hee hee! I guess so.

5. FatB says:

THIS IS BEACH!!

6. That’s the first time I’ve ever heard of a cork base. Maybe they intended for it to be used as a coaster? 😛

7. Q says:

Haha very Haruhi novel style there in terms of narration.

That base is really made out of cork? If so I would have truly mistaken it as a glass/cup matt like those in bars/pubs. :\

8. RobLucci says:

Gordon.Can you please reply me through my email txuanyi@hotmail.com it is inconvenient to talk at here.

9. Persocom says:

good use for the base ^^ Looking at those pictures makes me wish I was in a warmer climate, I’m freezing cold wrapped up in a blanket right now XD Nice pictures and accompanying story!

10. optic says:

Koto did try something different instead of the usual sand bases which indeed failed. Well, I can’t blame them for trying. lol

Another beach shoot, another epic win. ^^

11. Lethia says:

wow nice photos!! 😀

But that haruhi not my type ^^; i love the haruhi groupies in their rock-band dresses more (the new haruhi groupies figure) XD

nice beach pics. ^^

13. nutcase23 says:

Hmm… Changi Beach? XD

14. RobLucci says:

Come on Gordon give me a email.

15. Adun says:

Your very own Haruhi coaster!

16. AK says:

LOL at Chun and FatB.

17. RobLucci says:

Gordon are you reading this?I just want to know if danny wife is Japanese dunno why like that he disabled my accounts.Can you help me to ask him if he can enable my account again.

18. tflops says:

Gordon = Kyon? What imagination do you have?! It’s like heaven. .-.

19. TinyRedMan says:

i prefer her with the tops.. encourages me mind to think.. =D

Haruhi is fantastic when sho goes to the beach with her two pieces swimsuit. Yuki looks great too!!

@ 聖者,
    yes no love at all.

@ GNdynames,
    preordered her at a local toy store.

@ chun,
    cork doesn’t really look like sand but anyway i prefer free standing figures so no biggie.

@ FatB,
    Got It!

@ Coco the Bean,
    lol it’s so thoughtful of them.

@ Q,
    u are not mistaken, it is really a coaster.

@ Persocom,
    keep warm buddy.

@ optic,
    +1 for their effort. -1 for functionality.

@ Lethia,
    yup gonna get those too.

@ k,
    thank you.

@ nutcase23,
    sambawang. changi is too far. maybe next time will go sentosa. more bikini babes.

@ Adun,
    yes indeed.

@ tflops,
    i have all sort of imagination. some rated G, PG and Restricted.

@ TinyRedMan,
    O RLY?

@ phossil,
    all that’s left now is bikini mikuru, kyon and itsuki to complete the collection. XD

22. rangerroh says:

Hahahaha that’s cleaver! Using the base as a coaster.

23. Stifler says:

That actually does make for a good coaster. XD

24. alafista says:

LOL that is one awesome coaster

25. WanderingMind says:

Never seen a cork coaster…I mean cork base before.

26. Leefe says:

Hey I like your new coaster 😛

27. soonkiong says:

great coaster to show off to your buddies at the bar. ^^;;

28. Well done with the absurdity!

29. jusuchin85 says:

Nice shoots as always, Gordon! Poor base, now used as a living room item! She looks very beautiful indeed, too bad I’m not getting her till later…

Ah, by the way, I’ve changed my blog address. The old one is dead, the new one is http://www.jusuchin85.com/blog

Will catch up with some comments here and there of your blog, so hope you don’t mind some comments in old posts! ^^

30. koshiko says:

Harmless… if you ignore the nosebleed, xD;

Shame about the base, especially for such a lovely figure u_u~ At least you managed to find some sort of use for it, just don’t get it wet, it’ll absorb any moisture lol~

31. Pyoro says:

oh! those are some nice shots ya took. *drools at dslr

“i will not falter i will not falter i will not falter”
    no i will not buy a dslr! never!

32. cavalock says:

nice, saw the figure at CSC. thought of getting it, didn’t know u can change the outfit.

33. Marianto says:

Nice shots you’ve got there!

I’ve got both the Haruhi and Yuki figures too. Well, pretty decent figure this one is except for a few disappointment in the smudges here and there near the bikini bottom areas and the hairband.

And now its back to the mug of coffee on the Haruhi coaster ^^

34. yumeno says:

LOL @ the cup holder. Milo is good.

35. Divine Fang says:

I love the 5th pic (landscape)! 1/8 Yuki goes really well with 1/7 Haruhi despite different scale there 🙂

36. ron~ says:

nice! the beach matches this figurine very well 😀

haha that’s a good use for the base 🙂 but I prefer this over white plain base tho 😀

@ rangerroh,
    only practical use i can think of.

@ Stifler & alafista,
    as a base it’s terrible. but as a coaster, it’s actually pretty good. XD

@ WanderingMind,
    now u do.

@ Leefe,
    i can sell it to u if u want. 😀

@ soonkiong,
    i don’t go to the bar.

@ The Sojourner,
    absurdity?

@ jusuchin85,
    hey welcome back! was wondering where have u been.

@ koshiko,
    thanks for warning but i think i won’t be needing it again.

@ Pyoro,
    give in to your desire. resistance is futile!

@ cavalock,
    better get it fast if u change your mind or it will be gone soon.

@ Marianto,
    it’s mass produced so such faults are understandable. no biggie, still nice. ^^

@ yumeno,
    congrats for guessing correctly it’s milo.

@ Divine Fang,
    yuki’s head looks very small though. i try to position her closer to the camera to offset the effect.

@ ron~,
    beach shoots are great except for nosy people who gets in the picture. bikini babes are fine but sadly didn’t see any that day. it was more of a family beach.

38. TP says:

…Sembawang Beach? THAT’S PITTANCE, I TELL YA! PITTANCE! (Also, are we living very near to each other? ‘Cos the beach is abt 10 minutes’ drive from my area.)

I gotta say: nice use of the kit lens (if you’re still using it), and the manner of the poses and picture reveals are interesting. Sadly though, something feels a bit… “off” about Haruhi’s face. (My opinion, others can pelt eggs at me if they wish to.)

Overall, the figurine sculpt is excellent and surprisingly discreet at the same time (not sure what that means though o.0); thanks for posting up the shots.

39. marvin says:

lol on the base, is that milo or milk tea? ^^

40. Jem says:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! You used the base as a coaster!?!?! Anyways, I think they were trying to mimic the grainy texture of being at the sand by using the corkscrew material. I have a figure that’s like that too and it made me go ‘wth’.

Very cute date you had there.

41. Blowfish says:

LOL at the use for the base!
    I prefer to display crouching/lying figures without their base.Saves spaces and usually looks better.

I hope you had fun at the beach!

42. samejima says:

Nice photos Gord.

43. lovelyduckie says:

YES! She looks great in your pictures! I’m really excited about this Haruhi! I think this Haruhi might have my favorite face of all the Haruhi figures! And the best part is thanks to glorious Kotobukiya’s US prices I was able to pre-order her at under $40! I actually rarely buy bathing suit figures, this Haruhi will be my 3rd one. But I bought her more for how awesome her shirt looks then for the bathing suit part.

PS – I like the creativity about what to do with the base.

44. meronpan says:

wholy crap that’s an ugly base ^^;;; got a good laugh outta that last pic ^^

pics look so nice! very sharp with a nice use of depth of field ^^ errr … that’s me pretending that i know anything about photography ^^;;; but seriously, enjoyed the pics ^^