Halloween Clarke Quay

TK-8316 (extreme right) survived his maiden trooping on Halloween. It was quite an experience. Pretty droids everywhere.

Halloween last Friday marked my first time out in armour. Was fun but couldn’t feel a thing when cute girlies hugged yours truly for photographs.

In this picture, you see 3 lads in normal clothes, back in 2008 when this post was written, they were still students, barely 18 years old. They eventually gotten their own armour and joined the 501st Legion. They accompanied us the whole night and served as what we call minders, basically guiding us around as it can be difficult to see what’s in front of us with our helmets on, keeping over passionate people at bay from knocking our helmets and stealing our parts to keep as souvenirs, helping passer-bys take pictures etc. Kudos to them, I couldn’t have done it without their help. ^^;

This entry was posted in 501st Legion, Star Wars/Stormtrooper. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Halloween Clarke Quay

1. Snark says:

The sheer awesomeness of this picture has forever etched itself into the recesses of my mind.

Wonderful, and I was right, you did go trooping on Halloween. They were telling me how wrong I was and that there was an event for the 501st on Saturday lol. At least, it was a good experience for you right?

3. Marianto says:

Wow! That must be an eye opening experience for you. Say, how many cute girls did ya manage to hug? 😄

Black Stormtrooper?! I don’t recall ever seeing those.. ^^;

5. marvin says:

man, that Vader is tall! ^^ belated happy Halloween Gordon.

6. GNdynames says:

That’s it, I’m so going to look for exchange programs to Singapore.

@Mizunaga: I believe those are Blackhole Troopers, something like special ops.

7. chun says:

haha! looked like you had fun! 😀 did people actually try to steal a piece of your armor to keep as souvenir? ^^;

you looked like you had loads of fun!
    that picture looks even. one vader and tons of troopers. it would have looked odd if there were 5 vaders and only 1 trooper. ^^.

9. FatB says:

You don’t fool me…
    I know your “minders”, as you call them, only purpose is to bring cute girls to take pics with you and shoo away the ugly ones.

10. kazearashi says:

Cool! Nice picture there with the trooper gang 😛 The Vader is surely catch my attention for being the tallest… xD

11. Fariz Asuka says:

So was it pretty girls or pretty droids? =3

So where did you all go for this event? Looks interesting.. ^^

12. Punk Trooper says:

@TK-8316: LOL, are u aiming high or licking your blaster? Congrats on your “first step into a larger world”, even though we can’t see it thru those damn green lenses. >_<

13. Z says:

You look kinda camera shy there, Gordon ^^; Anyway, an awesome pic there! Definitely good memories!

14. mikiwank says:

Your first experience is a success. Fantastic!
    The 501 grew it’s great.Be carefull if you met females droides, they are often “tsukebe” ^^

15. koshiko says:

Nice~ you guys look awesome! I wonder if they have something similar over here [not that I would dress up though xD;]? hrmm…

Ahhh, Cool you got a picture!!
    It looks really awesome!! Nice trooping TK-8316!

Did you feel it difficult (I mean if you were nervous?) for being your first time??

17. Hangmen says:

I hope you guys could aim straight in a narrow hallway.

18. yumeno says:

Where are the pretty girls?

@ Panther,
    there was an 501st event on saturday? what event?

@ Marianto,
    none actually. ^^;

@ Mizunaga,
    special ops

@ marvin,
    thanks,
    vader is the tallest member in our garrison.

@ GNdynames,
    wow u really know your star wars. ^^;

@ chun,
    nope. but one over passionate fan knocked on my helmet. 😦

@ k,
    there are 2 vader in our garrison but only one vader during any event.

@ FatB,
    u are too mean bro! of course we won’t do that! lol!

@ kazearashi,
    vader comes with breathing sound and speech too. 😄

@ Fariz Asuka,
    around clarke quay.

@ Punk Trooper,
    i’ll avoid doing that pose in future, it blocks my head. will work on improving poses.

@ Z,
    lol u can tell?

@ mikiwank,
    lol, i think i saw a few that night. scary…

@ koshiko,
    yes they have a Australia garrison

@ phossil,
    not really. one feels brave when face is not exposed. ^^;

@ Hangmen,
    lol. i’ll try my best.

@ yumeno,
    upstairs. the pic were taken at the carpark.

20. Fun!
    I can imagine how hard it is to keep track of everything in that armor.I hope you bought them some drinks after guiding and protecting your precious armors the whole night^^

I wonder how hard it is to keep the armor clean?Dannys armor looked pretty rugged recently

@ flyingpussyfoot,
    plastic polish will do the trick. ^^;

22. meronpan says:

damn that’s awesome, makes me want to get my own suit of armor ^_^ it’s ironic how your visibility isn’t so great despite it being armor for a soldier ^^;; get any good candy? 😛

23. AK says:

@ FatB:

I should consider doing that next time, lol.

24. Pingback: Halloween in Singapore « Gordonator