Signs Part 2

The Colonel only allows inside food inside his restaurant.

At first look do you understand what the sign is trying to say? It actually means “Only foods purchased from KFC are allowed to be consumed within the restaurant” or “Foods bought from beyond the restaurant are not allowed to be consumed here”

Can anyone help the Colonel come out with a better sign? Do fast-food restaurants in your region has this rule as well?

This entry was posted in Singapore life. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Signs Part 2

1. Akiraman says:

I think the Colonel needs to speak more singlish lah like “KFC food only lah”

“my chickens only lah” ^^

3. I believe Noisy little girl can provide some insights about this. She ate Hokkien mee in Mac. LOL!

I still miss the good ole days where KFC provides fork and knife. I think M`sia still does that. THESE days the chicken seems to have gotten small! And I mean really small compared to the good ole days.

Cut cost? Come to think of it.. haven’t ate KFC for awhile.

“Kenpachi hates any food here other than KFC’s. Your food or your life.”

5. tflops says:

I didn’t understand the sign, lol’d it should be “Thou shall not eat other foods inside my restaurant except MINE! Damn!

lol @ the comments especially the Singlish ones. keep the creative and funny ideas coming. ^^;

7. Thou shall not ingest victuals which are not prepared by thy chefs.

8. shiro says:

Chickens are not allowed to cross the road here.
    They have to take the overhead bridge or something…

9. Q says:

Heh Cantonese-style comments.
    Maybe I’m slowly getting used to things in society I find that sign coming quite naturally for me. Besides I am awful at jokes… -_-

10. optic says:

Not at KFC in Sydney.
    U can bring McDonalds in and they won’t give a dam.

11. Stifler says:

“You no buy here, you no eat here.”

Frankly, through, you can do anything you want, even bring your own chicken to eat there. Just don’t get caught. And if you do, just act blur.

12. 6pack says:

lol! its the same rule here and the same wordings have been used.
    most restaurants wont allow people to bring food from outside and eat, but will make an exception if you order some food from them.

13. Saku says:

They usually don’t care if you bring food from other restaurants/fast food because chance is you are also ordering their food but places like cinema/movie theaters have that sign so that you buy their overpriced food/snack >.>

14. リョ Ryo says:

“don’t dare to brought food from outside or you’ll be Geass”

That’s all I can think… >,<“

15. chun says:

gordon U make me hungwee
    lol

16. Vaken says:

haha maybe we shall make charles di britannia to replace colonel and the “ALL HAIL KFC”.. xD.. btw.. thanks for being the first person to comment on my blog x) Maybe when my blog first bdae is coming there shall be a gift specially for you! =)

17. FatB says:

“If it ain’t finger lick’in good, eat me.”

18. Kairu says:

I am not sure if this in our area or not…..hmmm never thought to give it a try.

19. marvin says:

“only genetically modified, artery choking, KFC chickens allowed”. ^^

20. GNdynames says:

The restaurants in my area don’t have the sign, but they generally say “no loitering”, and…when you bring outside food and occupy their space it’s loitering.

“Only food served inside.” Lol. ^_^

Well, there arent any KFC in my country but a lot of Mac…

22. yumeno says:

“Fast fhood dah!~ Kay-eff-cee!” ^^;

23. mizunaga says:

Actually, this “NO OUTSIDE FOOD” is a very common sign over here.

24. Fariz Asuka says:

I didn’t even noticed a sign like that in any KFC I’ve been.. Usually its either me or one of my friends who bring in other food like Mac, Burger King or even LJS..

We always go on safe side by oredering a burger from KFC.. ^^

25. Pyoro says:

There are some things that ain’t finger licking good. For others, there’s KFC.

OR

IAMBOSS KFC FOOD ONLY DAMN IT

26. James says:

It’s exactly the same in France so for me that sign is normal ^^

27. Rin says:

Well, fast food places here don’t say that. Usually, people don’t care sometimes…

28. zenical says:

I don’t see such signs, I must be getting old.

29. Z says:

We dont have such signs here but it is implied that you can’t bring in food from one restaurant to another ^^;

30. Hynavian says:

KFC at least get their signs well done, as in they’re gloss and has legible fonts. The signs in hawker centers are either hidden because they are “ninja signs” or made of rainwater soluble material (eg: paper written with yellow highlighter) and the stall sellers actually expect customers to respect and obey their “ninja signs”. =_=”

@ all,
    thanks for the comments and witty suggestions. interesting to know that some counties practise this rule while some don’t. even more interesting is that some said that certain eateries will let u bring in “outside food” if u buy something from them. lol.

@ Vaken,
    your’re welcomed. i’ll drop by your blog often.

@ Fariz Asuka and zenical,
    it’s at funan the IT mall. go check it out if u are in the area.

32. *pointing to anonymous coward’s reply*

ahem.. i brought the noodles in, ate happily. no one looked. no one really bothered. even though the staff walked past me, they didnt even bat an eyelid. hrm. i guess in some places, they are somewhat more relaxed i guess?

Have yet to try it in kfc though. ^^;

33. Lsio says:

not in US here I guess. At least they don’t have that sign. I have seen a group of high schooler brought Donald’s food into the King’s territory, and they were safe; no one asked them to leave or anything.

34. Potato says:

In SouthEast Asia KFC has numerous ‘special’ hot sauces or sambal that you cannot get anywhere else.
    When i was in singapore space was also a minor problem in some cafeteria areas.
    most restaurants in the world have this policy but enforcement is lax.