Farewell Beloved Space Playboy

An emotional episode where we mourn the departure of a principal character and rejoice at the return of a once dispirited songstress. *Spoilers ahead*

Klan pops the question

Klan confesses

I wonder the same thing too. Lovers always seems to let known their feelings of the heart at the most inappropriate time (and attire). Whenever this happens, it's an omen of ill fate.

Sheryl calms despaired refugees with her song. Welcome back Galactic Fairy

A sign of bad things to come whenever someone says this

Michel protects Klan as Vajras broke into the chamber

Oh No!

😦

Aishite...!

どうしてなの? 涙溢れて 止められない
doushite nano? namida afurete tomerarenai
What’s wrong? Why can’t I stop my tears from overflowing?

Diamond Crevasse. Beautiful song. (Lyric)

"You never know when a person is gonna die", said Michel in episode 19. Such irony. 😦

Good bye Michel. I will miss you.

This entry was posted in Anime. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Farewell Beloved Space Playboy

1. Dancing Queen says:

i seriously cried during this episode. the moment Klan kissed michel i know he was going to die, plus it sucks cause now Klan will be sad and i ❤ klan…

2. Keith says:

Another Kiss of death 😦
    much like how Kamina and Kittan died from the kiss from Yoko-chan ~_~” sad..

3. Jacques says:

sigh.. 2008 has been a very bad year for sniper-type characters. To prove the point;

1. Kurz Weber [Full Metal Panic]
    2. Lockon Stratos [Gundam 00] &
    3. Michel [Macross Frontier] now official joins the R.I.P list for snipers.

Bad luck or sure coincidences for these guys? Michel X Klan was one of the couples in Macross F that I feel had the best chance of bearing fruit but it was not to be after this episode.

4. Pyoro says:

i am gonna miss his flirting shenanigans. the show is now devoid of any sniping action with his demise. if there’s anyone who needs to die, it’s luca!
    i was hoping they will finally resolve the mystery behind michael’s siter as well, guess we will never know…
    and i just got spoiled by the above post about kurz weber. ya should have a spoiler tag!

5. Akiraman says:

Wow thats sad I have not watched this episode yet…

6. xephfyre says:

NOOOOOO, KLAN KLAN.

7. James says:

I’m not sure he’s really dead 😦

But if he is that’s sad 😥

8. soonkiong says:

judging from the next episode previews, no doubts about it whatsoever.

RIP michel. *salutes*

i was shocked to see this episode on tv!

10. yumeno says:

“See you Space Playboy” indeed. Episode 21’s having a mass funeral lol.
    Poor Michel. I like snipers, they’re so cool. D:

11. リョ Ryo says:

I didn’t cry for this episode… but I so shocked.

Why did they do this to Michael (`д´)

@ Dancing Queen,
    sad indeed, poor klan. 😦

@ Keith,
    a kiss is another omen of death.

@ Jacques,
    sad year for snipers indeed.

@ Pyoro,
    i think luca’s death won’t have that big an effect like michel’s. anime studios like to kill off characters we have grown attached to. 😦

@ Akiraman,
    prepare a box of tissue paper when u do.

@ xephfyre,
    klan watched helplessly. so depressing.

@ James,
    i’m certain he is.

@ soonkiong,
    SMS has lost a great soldier and to alto a great friend.

@ k,
    there were hints someone is going to die.

@ yumeno,
    yes michel is a likable character.

@ リョ Ryo,
    u didn’t cry? u heartless man. *sob sob*

13. 53RG10 says:

After the tease death that was Ozman, I didn’t think Michel was dead…but after I saw him being sucked into outer space, it dawned on me…

RIP Michel.

14. Neutrinos says:

Farewell Michael. They better not cheapen it by pulling another Ozman stunt. Sigh, poor Klan…

15. Stifler says:

Goodbye Michel. You deserved more plot armor than that. With you gone, the show just lost part of its shine.

16. For once, I am hoping that Michel will return as a cyborg. For Klan’s sake that is.

17. tflops says:

I didn’t watch this yet, but OMy blood all over, damn you Vajira!!!

I didnt watch this either.. That make us two..tflops.

19. Setsuna-san says:

Goodnight Sweet Prince.

20. リョ Ryo says:

@gordon, please don’t say heartless… It’s pain somehow. -*-

21. marvin says:

it certainly was one sad episode.

@ 53RG10,
    sob sob…

@ otaku dan,
    sob sob…

@ Stifler,
    sob sob…

@ The Sojourner,
    cyborg? O_O

@ tflops & phossil,
    do watch. sob sob…

@ Setsuna-san,
    may michel be with the stars.

@ リョ Ryo,
    noted. i’m only joking. no hard feelings, buddy. ^_^

@ marvin,
    even sadder than lockon’s death. 😦

23. Saku says:

I was kinda shocked when watching this episode. Totally didn’t expect that he was going to die. I didn’t cry though ^^;;

24. suneo says:

that was sad 😦 Just saw this last night.
    Though I didn’t really like like or dislike him (I didn’t really care for his character design haha), just one moment like that can make me like him a little bit lol. Poor Klan…that quick flashback through the moments they had since they were children was emotional 😦

25. chun says:

finally watched this episode, so glad I did not get totally spoilt before that but yes I cried when watching 😛 hub was sad but din cry, and was looking at me weird lol

@ Saku,
    u are strong. sob sob…

@ suneo,
    yup, the flashback was touching.

@ chun,
    lol but u roughly know what was coming right? sheryl’s song really brings out the sad atmosphere.

27. chun says:

yah I knew he was gonna expire but din know how it happened 😛 and yes Sheryl’s song was very sad at the time =_=

28. Sakura says:

I am not strong I cried like the girl that I am.

Seriously it should have been Luca, now not only are they down a great pilot but also one of their best shots.

If Luca is your back up kami-sama help you!