Welcome to My New Blog!

So I have finally gotten my lazy ass over to wordpress.

Actually few months back I have already set up this wordpress blog but because my old blog was nominated for the Singapore Blog awards, I couldn’t switch over at that time as the judges need to review it and public voting is based on the old blog as well.

Therefore I spent the last few months playing around with wordpress, trying out the different themes, visiting other wordpress blogs to get ideas so now I felt that the time is finally ripe.

Comparing blogger and wordpress, both have their pros and cons. WordPress’ expanable summary (read more) and neater comment layout is definitely a big draw. But wordpress.com doesn’t allow google adsense and flash plugin which I felt was a pity. It also doesn’t allow me to edit the theme unless I pay for the CSS upgrade. Well after careful consideration I decided the switch was worth it, since majority of anime bloggers are using wordpress as well. ^^;

So if you are a regular reader of my old blog, please remember to update your bookmarks/blogroll/feeds/calander with this new blog. Thank you for sticking with me. ^^;

Btw for those non-wordpress bloggers, may I suggest to consider signing up for a wordpress blog as well? You need not maintain it because having a wordpress blog has lots of advantages. Like for example you can display your avatar each time you comment on a wordpress blog. And you don’t have to key in your name, e-mail, blog address everytime when you comment as well. Best of all you can program your name to direct people to your current blog.

It’s very easy. Just go to wordpress.com, sign up an account, log in and go to Site Admin -> Users (on the right) -> Your Profile (on left).

——————————————————-
– Upload your avatar
——————————————————-

——————————————————-
– Enter your e-mail and blog address and that’s it. done.
——————————————————-

This entry was posted in Personal. Bookmark the permalink.

89 Responses to Welcome to My New Blog!

@ ephfyre
    i see nothing man.

2. Setsuna-san says:

Grats on finally moving to wordpress comrade. This would make commenting a whole lot more easier. Also, updating the blogroll as i type.

3. PP says:

😛 congrats again! but ya the free wordpress account is very much limited to basic html.

4. xephfyre says:

@Gordon: Whoops: Here

5. James says:

I’m glad to see you at wordpress , it will make comments easier for me :p

6. Pyoro says:

testing one two three

@ Setsuna-san,
    thanks buddy, one starfish for u.

@ PP,
    yup. no adsense, no flash plugin, no modification of themes. 😦

@ xephfyre,
    come here u, let me give u a kiss. ^^

@ James,
    do drop by often then. plenty of free starfish to go around.

pyoro,
    still no avatar. 😦

I’ll stay with blogger for a while ^^ congratulations on your move! all systems go!

9. pyoro says:

well i will just wait around it will pop up eventually hurhur
    btw this is a free account? how come you have your own domain?

10. abao says:

おめでとう!

11. Danny Choo says:

congrats!
    みらくるみらいがいなくて悲しい。
    うぅぅぅ。

12. Impz says:

WordPress platform is good. Have fun \o/

13. yumeno says:

We have the same theme!

k,
    how about just set up a wordpress blog for the avatar? 🙂

@ pyoro,
    it works, I see your avatar. but u need to change the profile to route to your to original blog. anyway i bought the domain.

@ abao,
    ありがとう。

@ danny,
    leprosy?

@ yumeno,
    yup. i like this theme. neat and clean. ^^

15. sbhboi says:

So tht’s mean no more in blogspot liao ?

Yay you moved. It is like a mass exodus for Team Blue to WordPress…and I have yet to move. The failage. Because I am lazy.

17. Blowfish says:

Congrats to moving to wordpress!
    I prefer WordPress alot over Blogger.I hate the blogger comment system.
    Youll get used to WordPress fast^^

@ sbhboi
    yup. i’m leaving blogger to rot.

@ Panther
    lead by example u must banchou! me and C.I has done the port over within a day so all u need is a day.

@ Blowfish
    already gotten use to it and loving it. ^^

19. Rokku says:

Congrats

Nothing much to say, So good luck

20. samejima says:

Good that you have your own domain and using wordpress.
    BTW, mind exchanging links?
    my figure review site is http://uselessthoughts.net/ and
    blog is http://uselessthoughts.net/blog/

looking good now gordon~ ^^

I’m totally vice versa, I used wordpress before but switched to blogspot; I was playing with the html but used the template in the end ^^;

22. abao says:

@ danny: host mirai on gravatar if u want the pic to appear (if i got you right >_<)

23. Hynavian says:

Again, congratulations Gordon! (:
    PS: I love the themes by k2, they’re neat and awesome.

24. w00t!

Grats! Am I late 😛

25. Edwin says:

how come you dont have the “.wordpress.com” like i do???
    no fair~~~~ ><

26. sbhboi says:

Haha, looks fun eh using wordpress. =D

27. Kozta-Boom says:

yay! Gordon Banzai!!

I think if anyone move to wordpress I should do the same here. ^^”

28. Len-Vesper says:

Good move! No more annoying blogger comment system. D:

Edited links to your blog accordingly, looking forward to more gordonator awesome in the future. 😮

rawr~

29. Keith says:

Welcome to wordpress~
    I’m more lazy than you :p I haven dont anything to my blog ^^;

30. otaku dan says:

the other day i was thinking to myself “when is gordon going to get his own domain?” and you finally did it. i can’t wait to see the changes you are going to do to your blog

Congrats on your move Gordon! WordPress does seem nice, but the fact that you can’t edit the theme is a bit of a turn-off for me. :\ (Not that I know coding well enough to do much editing but.. meh)

32. marvin says:

hey Gordon, congratulations and welcome to wordpress. ^^

@ Rokku,
    do drop by often!

@ andra
    how about using back your wordpress blog just to activate the avatar? since u drop by often, will love to see u with an avatar. ^^;

@ Hynavian,
    yup i like a neat and clean 2 column theme.

@ Anonymous Coward,
    no u are not late. come, here’s a starfish for u. ^^

@ Edwin
    yo buddy, thanks for coming, how come your name is not clickable?

@ Kozta-Boom
    ya man, do it! ^^;

@ Len-Vesper
    thanks bro, glad to have u around.

@ Keith,
    will love to see more japanese everyday-life type of posts from u buddy. ^^

@ otaku dan,
    not much changes to be made i guess. unless i buy the CSS upgrade.

@ Mizunaga,
    welcome. will u like to sign up wordpress for the avatar or gravatar? both are easy to do.

@ marvin,
    thanks for coming. wow it’s amazing. it’s great seeing all my online friends in one single post. ^^;

herru herru haha! I gotta go out soon so will update link etc later 😉

35. shiro says:

Congrats for your successful shift to WordPress! 🙂

@ chun,
    u are finally here. thanks for the help with the banner. ^^;

@ shiro,
    thanks for coming and adding me. I already added u as well.

37. Shin says:

Welcome aboard WinPress.

38. Kairu says:

Awesome another blogger that has switched to WordPress ^^

39. meimi132 says:

Congrats on you new blog! And good choice going for WP!!!

40. meimi132 says:

Oh, and how on earth do I get Dannys RSS feed on my blog? I thought I had the right link before, but it doesnt wanna work… which did you use? And where? In the advanced bit of your links?

41. blueplains says:

Wow nice site man, and congrats to it^^

WordPress rocks!!! XD

Will be adding you to me blog k:D Can’t wait for the next post:)

42. Orange says:

Haha, everyone’s coming to WordPress. 😀

Congrats on the move!

And I think I’ll add you to my blogroll too (gotta expand that tiny list of mine. ;))

43. Persocom says:

Grats on the move, I’m still quite new to blogging so I don’t know how to switch from on blog host to the next, have to look into it and see why wordpress is better. Anyways, updated the blogroll link, Fuko ftw!

44. FatB says:

I’m currently moving from my place, and I still paid you a visit. Do you lurve me or what?!

45. alafista says:

Wohoo welcome to the wordpress family. As requested, added you onto my blogroll ^_^

46. Fariz Asuka says:

Congrats on the shift to WordPress.. I am also trying to figure out how the site really works before I give the OK signal to move my blog.. ^^

47. optic says:

Welcome to the WordPress Community.
    As mentioned, edited ur link in my blogrol. ^^

48. Congratulations on your move, Gordon. I have a wordpress account, but I haven’t done anything about it yet. I think I’ll stick to blogger for a while, and when I find it gets restrictive I’ll switch over to wordpress. Out of curiosity, you have to pay for your own domain, right? Ok if I add you to my link list?

もう一回!おめでとうございます!

49. Divine Fang says:

Wow! New domain, new theme, NEAT. CONGRATS!!!

50. Katie says:

Your new site looks great! Congratulations!

51. wcloudxkumo says:

Woot~ Welcome to WordPress~XD

And congratulations on your move!! ^^

52. Striket says:

‘Grats on the move Gordon :]

53. Q says:

Congratulations on the move Gordon! It’s good to see you comparing the pros and cons between Blogger and WordPress and understanding more on why people move to WordPress these days. I will stick with blogger for the time being. Btw the Blogger does have this “read more” thing too but the code is a little subtle to find. One way or the other I hope that you have already settled down with the move. Keep up the spirit pal!

54. koshiko says:

Congrats on migrating to WordPress sucessfully~
    I’d like to host my blog on wordpress.com too so I wouldn’t have to worry about updating etc, but I’m planning to include Adsense when I get some time to set it up ^^;;

Will add you to my blogroll sometime soon, still busy orz

55. Deranged says:

WordPress!! Glad to see you on it. Congrats on the move and new blog! XD

56. Nice, your move seems to suit you well! I’m blogrolling you:

You’ve been there before 😛

57. Congrats on your new site!

58. D_Blade says:

Congratulations!

It looks so white, so shiny. What brand of cleaning brand do you use?
    *laughs*

Anyway, I’ll be back in the community soon as my summer session will soon be over.
    Let’s keep in touch until then, okay? 🙂

See you later! Take care!

59. Prim3 says:

yeah.. congrats! XD

60. tflops says:

Hey gordon dude, please add me to you blogroll, I’ll add yours.

61. tflops says:

I forgot this is my blog

Cheers!

62. TinyRedMan says:

i’m uber late..but CONGRATS!!

Actualli, wordpress do allow adsense and flash. For adsense, you will have to copy and paste the codes into your index.php of wordpress. as for location of each ad, you will have to decide. Read danny’s “blog monetization” for that. And flash, easy. Just copy and paste the flash script into your “text” widget. (P.S: If you have tried them, then forget it. U_U lol)

63. Raven says:

Congrats Gordon. Going to skin you afterwords 😀

Can adsense be added in wordpress? The last time I tried, the codes got rejected. Have not tried the method mentioned above.

64. TinyRedMan says:

i have to correct this:

u will have to copy and paste teh adsense codes into your theme’s index.php…

@ Shin,
    WIN it is indeed. thanks for coming.

@ Kairu,
    yes about time too. wordpress is so much more easier.

@ meimi132
    oh it’s easy. go to design -> widgets -> add RSS. just insert in danny’s feeds and that’s it. simple. ^^

@ blueplains,
    welcome. added u as well.

@ Orange,
    thanks. included u as well.

@ Persocom,
    fuko says thanks and added u as well. wordpress is easy to pick up. the help forum is very user friendly as well.

@ FatB,
    of course i love u silly.

@ alafista,
    thanks buddy.

@ Fariz Asuka,
    will be looking forward to that day.

@ optic,
    thanks.

@ ron~,

@ フェイダムさん,
    yup i bought the domain.

@ Divine Fang,
    arigato.

@ Katie,
    thank you.

@ wcloudxkumo,
    thanks for coming.

@ Striket
    thanks man.

@ Q,
    i have the “read more” thingy at blogger as well but wordpress is much easier to do and the comment layout is so much nicer.

@ koshiko,
    thanks for coming.

@ Deranged,
    thanks for dropping by.

@ ClearTranquil,
    ah yes i remember. thanks for coming.

@ tragic comedy
    thanks bro.

@ D_Blade,
    i used bleach. lol anyway good luck for your exams.

@ Prim3,
    thanks, welcome to my humble place.

@ tflops
    done. ^^;

@ TinyRedMan,
    it’s never too late, so a big welcome to u. here’s a starfish. anyway i believe wordpress.com doesn’t allow us to edit the template, let alone the php. unless u teach me how to hack. lol.

@ Raven,
    sadly i’m afraid adsense is not allowed.

66. xJAYMANx says:

@Gordon: I believe TinyRed is referring not to WordPress.com (like yours) but to WordPress.org (like my Toybox). If you have your own host (and skills lol), you can edit your WordPress PHP as he says.

P.S. I’m late, but I’ll update your blog link shortly. ^_^;

67. Updated your link url on the BFA’s blogroll. Sorry for the slow reply, I was in the States. This new blog ain too shabby ya?

68. Tiny Red Man says:

1) get filezilla.
    2) using that, log into your server where it will show you the files you have on ur web (it’s like explorer.exe, except for the things on your website). You must know your FTP username and password.
    3) Since ur site is gordonator.com, I believe that u installed wordpress on the root of your site. Navigate to the folder “wp-content”.. in it, it will show ur plugins, themes, index.php, uploads, etc…
    4) go to “themes”. Go to the folder with the name of the theme you are using, k2.
    5) Once there, i’m not sure to edit either index.php or single.php. You will have to place ur adsense codes into one of them. And there’s always google. ^_^;;

That’s all.. Hope it helps u.

69. Saku says:

Grats on your new blog, Gordon. WordPress is awesome and you can add adsense but need to edit some of the files. You can just follow what Tiny Red Man says on how to do it.

Gotta update my blogroll link ^^.

70. Infestor51 says:

@Tiny Red Man: He can’t do that, it isn’t hosted on his own server. He only bought the domain name.

@Gordon: xJAYMANx’s right, but hosting isn’t exactly that cheap. If you want, I can try ask a friend hosting his own blog group at SgBlogging.com. He’s Pkchukiss over there.

Fine, I’ll add this blog too.

71. Justin says:

Congrats on your move to WordPress! I hope that you find it cool like how I did last month!

I like Gravatar, and I use it on my blog too! ^^

*just received the starfish you gave in my mail!*

72. Tiny Red Man says:

@Infestor51: Ic… Thx..

73. shiro says:

@gordon: Thanks for linking me. 🙂

@ xJAYMANx,
    me will find out more about WordPress.org soon. thanks.

@ The Sojourner,
    thanks for coming, enjoy your trip. do tell P-Meister to drop by as well.

@ Tiny Red Man,
    Ok then i will pay u 5 starfishes to design my theme. deal or no deal?

@ Saku,
    thanks. me added u as well.

@ Infestor51,
    thanks but i’ll stick to wordpress.com for now. what’s your blog address? me wanna see.

@ Justin,
    yup wordpress is cool alright.

@ shiro,
    u are most welcomed. it’s good to share. 😀

75. Stifler says:

Hey man, nice new place you’ve got here! Seems like everyone’s either moving over or already are at wordpress these days. It must be good, else there won’t be so many people here.

Wow!! The new blog looks awesome!!
    Another WordPress affiliate… lol.

^_^

77. The Geek says:

Welcome to the WordPress side. I went with a self hosted site mainly because of the limits imposed on the Wordpess.com blogs.

@ Stifler,
    wordpress is good. at least better than blogger. lol.

@ phossil,
    thanks you.

@ The Geek,
    welcome to my humble blog. i wanted to visit your site but i got a database error when i clicked on it.

79. blauereiter says:

Welcome to the WordPress family. :]

@ blauereiter,
    thank you! ^^

thanks all once again for making this post the most replied thread ever. 😀

81. Jacques says:

congrats on getting your very own url for your blog and your move to wordpress as well, I’ve updated your bloglink on my site as well.

apologies for the late congratulation though ^^’, tied down with lots of work.,hence the slow reply.

82. tflops says:

A fellow wordpress blogger as well, I made it somehow lol. Yokoso!!!

@ Jacques & tflops,
    thanks for coming. 😀

84. ott says:

congratulations on your new blog! Finally, I don’t have to choose my nick and wordpress option when posting comments =P

@ ott,
    finally u are here! lol nice avatar, i love it. ^^;