Singapore Jaywalking

If anyone wants to practise Jaywalking in Singapore, I will of course recommend North Bridge Road.

This entry was posted in Singapore life. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Singapore Jaywalking

1. Garion says:

*raise hands guiltily*

I do it practically all the time when I head from City Hall MRT to Peninsula Plaza….too lazy to walk to the traffic junction near to Capitol Building…and tends to follow the crowds lol. ^^;

currently where I live, lots of people walk like the roads belong to them ^^; they’ll walk right in the middle of where the car is going in the car park 😛

3. Pyoro says:

i never jaywalk if i could help it even if it was a deserted road for miles. never play with your life is my mantra! unless there’s a hot anime cosplayer across the road 🙂

4. Gregory says:

I only jaywalk across little two lane roads that are not busy and always look out for both the traffic and the police.

This particular road you took a pic of must be the one I jaywalk all the time through. Who gives a shit about the traffic light when you have no cars around?

Most of the time though I only jaywalk with certainty lol.

6. fatb says:

I don’t jaywalk. However, I do tend to strike them down with my car. I will stop and kindly say “sorry, you shouldn’t jaywalk” before I drive away. I’m nice that way.

7. Random Misconception says:

I jaywalk rarely. I jayRUN often.

Okay, lame.

8. Anonymous Coward says:

guys. watch for policeman before you jaywalk. i’ve seem them issue fines on the spot.

especially at the exact area.

the policeman will appear NOT CONCERN AT ALL when you are crossing, then he will randomly catch people.

i also witness another at the redhill bus interchange area. same shit. i see those old uncle and auntie got fined. imagine the quarreling going on there. crazy.

apparently they will be in their uniform. not plain clothes tho.

careful. lol.

garion,
    the existing underpass should extend to the other side of the road don’t u agree?

chun,
    car park aren’t that bad right? at least the speed is slow and no buses to worry about.

pyoro,
    there was a hot anime cosplayer when the i took the pic, that’s why u see many people jaywalking over. ^^;

Gregory,
    too easy. where’s the challenge in that? lol. ^^;

Panther,
    jaywalk with certainty. i like the sound of that.

fatb,
    so thoughtful of u. i hope u smile too.

Random Misconception,
    not at all. at north bridge road, u better RUN if u want to jaywalk. the traffic is killer with all the buses.

Anonymous Coward,
    ya u are right. i forgot to mention one can get thrown into jail for jaywalking here. madness!

gordon, people seem to drive terrible here, even in carparks o_o;

11. marvin says:

I was going to say no, but realized I do jaywalk across carparks. ^^;

Chun, Vancouver right? I remember a time before 1997 people there were more relaxed and drove a lot slower. ^^

marvin yupyup, somehow I believe U when U say people used to drive slower back then ^^;

13. Kar Loke says:

lol, i jaywalk all the time

14. Fariz Asuka says:

Well, I usually jaywalk when there is seriously no vehicle on that particular road..

Sometimes the nearest overhead bridge or traffic junction is just too far, especially in town..

I remembered there’s once when a teacher stared at me jaywalking infront of the school gate then I told her, “cher~ the weather very nice today.”

somehow she gave me a very fake smile and let me off ^^;

Kar Loke,
    good. well done. and congrats on the opening of your new blog. blogger is much easier to use compared to wordpress but sadly the inability to jump to a new page and lousy comment/captcha design is annoying.

Fariz Asuka,
    it’s human nature. why would one walk one big circle when one can just walk across straight. lol.

andra,
    u should say “cher, you look very pretty today.” confirm guarantee plus chop she will let u off. ^^;

gordon, don’t know if you follow up with comments you left on my blog… maybe it’s better if i leave a comment about it here. help spread the word. about embedded comment forms on blogger. check here.

the downside is no email followup ^^

18. Setsuna-san says:

jaywalking happens at my area 24/7 blame it on lack of proper zebra crossings pedestrian bridges.
    But sometimes i seriously feel like running over them when they take their time crossing the street, i mean i’m letting them go so just move already!

19. Hynavian says:

We (NUS students), jay walk alot in the campus too. Just make sure that it’s vehicle free before crossing. (:

20. meronpan says:

at uc berkeley, hard to get anywhere if you don’t jaywalk 😛

21. ghostbusters says:

in my country jaywalking is legal so hahaha!!!!