Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Licensed

Good and Bad news today.

Bad News. Its official, Funimation has licensed Gunslinger Girl season II. Well Triad, I hope you all are happy now. You have the chance to finish the project months ago but you all choose not to. Good job.

Good News. As a consolation, episode 7 was released before the announcement.

Bad News. The torrent’s been taken down from most site so those interested please get it quick.

Good News. Episode 7 comes with a brand new opening animation featuring the main characters. Much preferred this to the original one which consist of series of random photos.

This entry was posted in Anime. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Licensed

1. Random Misconception says:

Hot on the heels of D.Gray-Man’s announced license no less.

The fansubbers for DGM are now in disarray of what to do given this event. THANKS A LOT, Funi.

Sad that Triad didn’t finish up though, they seemed punctual with their work on Higurashi and Nanoha.

2. Fariz Asuka says:

Dang.. I hate when anime get licensed.. I wonder why Triad was slow in subbing this anime though..

But hey, at least I’ve got to watch episode 7 though.. 🙂

3. Hangmen says:

There’s too much QUALITY in the second season. As a fan of the previous GSG, I almost attempt to extend my heights in Mount Fuji. Wonder if the DVD fixes can make me unsee all of the QUALITY parts.

Random Misconception,
    at least one can get to watch D.Gray-Man on arts centrel. but it’s by ODEX…

Fariz Asuka,
    Triad likes to troll their fans. it’s a pity. the 2nd season is only 13 episodes. they are only 6 episodes short of completing it.

Hangmen,
    i agree with you. too much QUALITY. too much MOE for my liking. not that i don’t like moe, but it doesn’t suit a series like gunslinger girl.

5. wongtcsg says:

@fariz asuka – licensed cos they are doing business, earn $, support jap anime by buying their DVD.

@gordon – Good news here for you. Do you know you have been selected for KKnM minigame event?
    See this –
    chocovspancampaign/campaign.htm

Well, licensing is something we can’t avoid.. As anime fans, we certainly should be supporting the companies by buying the DVDs but…

Perhaps it’s RAW time?

7. Random Misconception says:

LOL, +1 for getting selected Gordon. ^^;

I’m selected too, but I’m only there for an hour, I’ve got to run to work after that. T_T

8. hynavian says:

Oh Triad hasn’t finished subbing it yet? I gave up waiting and went ROARRRRRR…raw (I mean ages) ago. Seems like I’m going to burn a hole in my pocket if I’m to collect GSG IL Teatrino.

wongtcsg,
    thanks for the info!

Mizunaga,
    even if i want to buy the DVD, it’s not even sold here. and no ODEX products for me.

Random Misconception,
    Ok see u there. ^^;

hynavian,
    yes maybe i should go for raw for the rest of the episodes. can i er come to your house so that u can er translate for me? ^^;

I didnt know about a second season, but its wonderfull news. I like a lot GG (specially Henrietta) so i will keep an eye on this!!

11. hynavian says:

Nice try gordon, nice try. ^.^

hynavian,