Fanboy

Frequent visitors of dannychoo.com will definitely know of chun, who is a regular member at Danny’s site.

But bet you don’t know that chun was actually a well-known illustrator and comic books artist back in the early 90s. She released quite a few books and draws regularly for the local Chinese papers till today. Her talent in drawing beautiful portraits of females is what made me a fan of her works. ^^

The above picture shows two of her books in my collections. The one on the left is a book on Chinese proverbs with pictures illustrated by her and the right is a comic book based on a TV series bought in 1995.

When I found her at Danny’s blog, I was kinda shocked that she is now based in Canada and is happily married with a cat and two hamsters. ^^

This entry was posted in Otaku. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Fanboy

Omg cannot believe you actually got that copy of “yang guang lie che” I have some extras dunno what to do with them LOL

Give me goosepimples LOL!!!
    Hazukashiiiiii~~~ (hopefully din spell wrongly :P)

But then again Singapore is very small 😛

i must get your signature the next time u come back for holiday. ^^;

Ok I remember the book on the left, used to have it. I only knew you were famous back in the 90’s when I was still some newb kid, thanks to Gordon who told me recently lol.

Next time you come back for the hols you are hereby forced to come out with us. Bring your cat and 2 hamsters.

haha o_o you know guys it may be a while before I come back to SG due to financial constrains LOL and to bring animals into the country without stressing them to death is impossible, so maybe I’ll bring my scary blythe dolls *evil look*

panther Muhoohoo 😛 but then again I don’t expect everyone to love dolls *ahem* Some people are really freaked out by dolls ^^;

6. Squee says:

Blythe is cute but I prefer mama chapp after being introduced to them in Dannychoo.com …. too bad I can’t find any in Japan ToT
    I did see a mini Blythe exhibition in Marui Young thou.

Chun: I remember your works in the newspapers too!! althou I suck at Chinese I’ll still flip the papers to see what new costumes ah mei has got each week ^^
    btw was it only recently that you stopped signing off as xiao gou?

squee,
    the girl in the papers is call ah min. and i noticed in recent years she is getting smaller and smaller. >.<

I knew I did saw “puppy52” in some sort of chinese newspaper

heard the title on the right before when I was a little kiddo o.O

@Squee ever since I started drawing Ahmin I had stopped signing off as xiaogou 😛 Mamachapp dolls are so hard to find ;_; a friend of mine recently went to japan and scored one at around 200+ USD o_o (which is a great price comparing to yjp price =_=

@Gordon And yes I heard she had been getting smaller and smaller ^^;;; Zannen desu

@Andra probably Lianhe zaobao, I’m starting to feel like a relic now 😛

10. Squee says:

200+USD!!! that’s a killer price… dun think I’ll buy it… 200SGD maybe

@squee, on yahoo japan it can go to 350+ USD o_o guess it really depends on how badly you want it ^^;

12. D_Blade says:

chun’s famous artworks?! Wow.
    Was about to utter a silly joke on what you wrote later, but I will restrain myself. ^^