Evangelion 1.01 a remake of a remake

Anime News Network reports that the first Evangelion movie remake will get a remake of it’s own. O_O

Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone, the first of four movie remakes of the Neon Genesis Evangelion television series, is going back to the theaters in Japan in an enhanced edition. For the upcoming Japanese DVD release, director Hideaki Anno supervised the video and audio enhancements of 266 shots. On April 26 (the day after the DVD ships), a Tokyo theater and an Osaka theater will start screening this enhanced edition as the last showing of the evening. The enhanced version will get a name “update”: Evangelion:1.01 You Are (Not) Alone. The follow-up to this movie has been announced for 2008, but the release date has yet to be set.

That’s so cool! I’m so looking forward to Evangelion 1.02, Evangelion 1.03 or Evangelion Service Pack 2…

Btw, any Singaporeans here who have not seen Evangelion 1.0 yet? If yes, please drop me an e-mail which no lesser than 5000 words explaining why you haven’t done so.

Bah bah bah yada yada yada
This entry was posted in Anime, Movies. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Evangelion 1.01 a remake of a remake

1. Fox says:

Heh, I actually haven’t seen anything Evangelion~ How many words essay should I write you ;P

I should start watching Evangelion though. I hear good things about it.

2. Fariz Asuka says:

wow.. A remake of a remake.. Weird..

Maybe they will improve on the fight scene? Or maybe on the fanservice scene? XD

3. Setsuna-san says:

bricks were shat.

4. Prim3 says:

wow.. 1.01 eh? software terms going into movies! >.< i agree with fariz.. definately need more fanservice scenes! 😀

hi fox, a warm welcome to u. u mean u haven’t watch the evangelion anime before? O_O i highly recommend it. just ignore the last 3 episodes though.

setsuna-san, i hope u are not still angry that malaysia is not showing the movie. i heard one can view it online on streaming sites with subtitles to boost.

Fariz Asuka & prim3, not to worry, bet there will be more fan service in movie 2 in the form of asuka. ^^

Like fox, I haven’t seen Evangelion (series and movie) as well.. Will 5001 words do?

A remake of a remake eh? I don’t know what to think about that. ^^;

7. ed says:

i’ve not watched it too. which streaming site can find? =D

Mizunaga, yes 5001 words is fine. Please send it to me by tomorrow. ^^