The CLANNAD movie is…
– About Nagisa, Dango Daikazoku (now available in colours) and Sunohara’s black hair.
– No love for Fuko, Kotomi, Ryou (and Botan too if you are a fan of cute animls making funny sound). A pity my favourite CLANNAD girl Fuko wasn’t in the movie. Kotomi was seen in two scenes which last a few seconds with no dialogue.
– Voiced by the same seiyuu from the anime except for Okazaki.
The CLANNAD movie is not…
– As visually appealing as the anime. Maybe it’s just me but I prefer KyoAni’s character designs as compared to Toei Animation’s. Kyou looks kinda weird in the movie.
– As humorous as the anime. Although Sunohara and Nagisa’s dad are here to provide the comic relief, it doesn’t make me laugh as heartily as in the anime (especially Fuko’s arc).
– Too bad. That is assuming if you are a fan of Nagisa, you will probably enjoy the movie more than I did.
Conclusion: I felt that the movie isn’t as captivating as the anime (The Fuko and Kotomi’s arc really moved me to tears). Well I guess I will probably enjoy the movie more if I haven’t watched the anime first since after all the movie was released (on Sep 07) before the anime (Oct 07).
I was also kinda surprised that the fan subs wasn’t by SS & Eclipse or Sprocket & The Waffle House who did the anime but by Eien-no Anime. Was also amazed that they managed to release it in such a short time as well. The DVD was released on 7th March. Eien-no Anime released the subs on 11th March. Great job, they truly deserve a pat on the back.