Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone is and is not

This is an actual scene from the movie.
Rei in minimal state of undress. Yummy. ^^

Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone is…
– Awesome. I’m too much of a fanboy to say otherwise. ^^;

– One angel missing. The 4th angel who appears at the start of the movie is actually the 3rd in the TV anime. Movie never mention anything about the 3rd angel.

– Different from the TV series. Just to name a few, Rei’s unit 0 is yellow instead of blue (Me prefer the original blue though) and carries a new cool looking shield when battling the 6th angel. The 6th angel is also given a face lift with shape shifting ability. Very cool. Lilith the 2nd angel is revealed earlier and looks different as well. His mask looks like the 4th angel Shinji fought at the beginning of the movie.

– fan service included, thus the NC16 rating.

– Missing the trailer for Evangelion 2.0 after the credits! I felt cheated! >.<

Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone is not…
– Too draggy. Lesser screen time for the minor characters like Shinji’s classmates and less of Shinji crying (thank goodness).

– Easy to read the subtitle. Could do with better coloured fonts. Impossible to read when the background is white. >.<

– To be missed, for fans and non-fans alike. Fans must watch the movie at least twice. Direct order from Commander Ikari.

This entry was posted in Anime, Movies. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone is and is not

1. Kawasumi Hirito says:

Wished I could have gone to watch it too, but sadly working night shift 😦

I’m sure to catch this movie this weekend!! Must not miss it! And must I really watch it twice? I’m short on cash!

yes hirito, commander Ikari insisted all fans to watch it twice or else sign 7 extras. ^^;

anyway squee mentined u can get a poster if u purchase 2 tickets or more. not sure true or not cos i went alone.

3. Fariz Asuka says:

Thanks for the good info gordon.. I’m gonna watch it twice like what commander ikari want us to..

And gonna go with my bro to see if I can get a free poster..

4. wcloudxkumo says:

I didn’t get any poster when I went yesterday =/ I even bought 6 tickets, watching it with my friend =/

Maybe they ran out ^^;

5. Squee says:

I already watched it twice yesterday^^ I did get the poster since i got 2 tix to watch it twice-_-; I am ronery…

fariz asuka: if your’re watching it twice on the same day then you can get the free poster.

wcloudxkumo: you gotta ask the staff for it, also I think it’s only available at the cineleisure branch. shoud not be out of stock cos I still see ppl at the 9+ show getting it

6. Squee says:

Gordon: I forgot to add that unit 00’s armor is depicted in it’s correct color. Unit 00 armor was only colored blue after the battle with Ramiel melted most of it’s armor.

7. Fariz Asuka says:

Guess what. I went there with my bro the first time and they told me the posters are all given out already.. Pity..

But I’m gonna watch it later at night since I liked the movie.. My bro, who isn’t an otaku, seriously liked the movie too..

Squee, i dug up my evangelion dvd to double comfirm. yes u are right, rei’s unit 0 is indeed yellow initially.

i will volunteer to sign 3 extras for forgetting this detail. >.<

9. szeto-san says:

Hi, does anyone kno the name of the cosplayer on the photo above? thanks heaps

10. Abao says:

LOL…next week then I watch lar. Now no time.

Is that picture really in the movie? LOL.

szeto-san, no ideas. it’s one of the many pics from my private collection.

abao, no time than make time! and yes that picture is really in the moive. well sort of. ^^;

12. Setsuna-san says:

still no release in Malaysia. getting desperate now. ToT

13. Fariz Asuka says:

Gordon, where did you get that picture of Rei? The person cosplaying really looks like her.. I wish she can be my friend..

14. Anonymous says:

I think she is Aki Hoshino (星野亜希) a very well known idol in japan.

this doesn’t look like cosplay it more like its rendered/shoop’d

Setsuna-san, worry not, the DVD is gonna be release in april. *cough* fansubs. *cough*

Fariz Asuka, sorry i have no ideas who she is, found her while google-ing around in the past. ^^;

anonymous, i’m very sure she’s not Aki Hoshino. unless we can get the picture of her (before photoshop) with the exact same pose. if it’s really the work of photoshop, then i must say that guy’s skills is good.

16. double says:

Rei is hawt, ’nuff said =)

17. szeto-san says:

T___T wat a pity, wish i knew her name she really does hav something that catches my eyes…

18. Prim3 says:

wow.. hottie!!! 😀

if they can take out the word minimal to make it “Rei in state of undress” even better.. haha kidding..

Prim3, u can see rei in stae of undress in the movie and in the anime. unless u are taking about the cosplayer. ^^;

20. Anonymous says:

cathay is screening the movie in damansara, malaysia!!! i think it’s in july 2008

21. zach says:

Hey hey. Can someone link me to a higher resolution version of this picture?
    Much appreciated. ^_^

(I’d REALLY love for you to send it to adidaq@hotmail.com, if that’s not too much to ask. ^^;)

22. Chan says:

just watched it yesterday in Cineleisure at Curve Damansara. First time an anime movie in a cinema…sound effects !

23. shawn says:

when did this movie come out? and can I see it in Canada? I am a fan of the show and heard that there was gunna be a live action movie but I havent seen previews or anything about it.