Random Photo Shoot 2

Another installment of pictures I took while moving around here and there.

Saw the above stormtrooper graffiti on the pavement somewhere in town, no idea what it’s for.

Name card of a fellow comrade. Guess who?

Has been spending the past few weeks collecting saga seeds. It’s extremely difficult to find trees that bear these seeds nowadays. Luckily I remember somewhere near my neighbourhood where I used to pick these seeds when I was a kid. Good thing the tree is still there but seeds are very limited. As you can see from the bottle I still have a long way to fill it up.

————————————

Visited an arcade centre at the neighbourhood mall. Have been a long time since I been to one. This one has lot of UFO catchers.

Was surprised this one has figures in it. Wang Liu Mei from the Gundam 00 DX Heroine Figure series. Much preferred Feldt which I have bought from HLJ.

Dolls.

More dolls.

Even more dolls. It’s impossible to grab this one as there’s this evil high wall around the hole. The trick to UFO catching is not grabbing the doll but shake it so that it rolls down into the opening.

Some Z’Gok figures.

Even Japanese biscuits as well.

Saw these 2 outside a restaurant last year while on my to Danny’s blogging workshop.

Christmas tree at my workplace.

Will like to end this with a dusk shot. Till next time.

About these ads

This entry was posted in Photography, Singapore life. Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Random Photo Shoot 2

1. optic says:

“The trick to UFO catching is not grabbing the doll but shake it so that it rolls down into the opening.”

I will keep that mind in my next UFO catcher ;)

I never touch UFO Catcher. Those things are ebil.

Aw no cat this time. :(

3. Blowfish says:

I never tried myself at UFO Catchers.They usually are filled with faked stuff over here anyway…I sometimes order Sega Ufo Catcher Prizes from HLJ tough.

What are you planning to do with the Saga Seeds?Are they edible?

4. Q says:

Ah UFO catchers and their related variants are evil indeed. My cousins wasted HKD80+ trying to get a PS3 from one that uses a roulette thing instead when they were in Hong Kong.

Btw Mikuru in Asuka’s suit suits very well. It blends in so well I almost didn’t realised that it was a figma Mikuru lol

5. Actar says:

Does the namecard belong to HaGF.com?

Oh! Do tell where the UFO Catcher is! I’ll head there next weekend.

6. rangerroh says:

Wish we had some nice UFO catchers in the states. Especially, the figure ones. I would definitely spend some money on those.

7. chun says:

nice shots! :D:D

8. bk201 says:

nice tips for the ufo catchers.must win next time i play !

9. Fariz Asuka says:

Those are great shots.. I love the pictures.. ^^

Any other tips when playing the UFO catcher?? xD

@ optic,
    i think youtube has video demo on how this is done.

@ Panther,
    i took some shots of neko, sleeping as always, but was afraid u guys might get bored of it. maybe next time. ^^

@ Blowfish,
    edible? of course no. in fact they are poisonous. O_O

@ Q,
    usually these machine are programmed to miss.

@ Actar,
    congrats for getting the correct answer. your reward, the UFO machine are at Jurong Point. newly expanded and bigger than ever!

@ rangerroh,
    it’s not easy grabbing them though.

@ chun,
    xie xie ni! ^^

@ bk201,
    good luck then.

@ Fariz Asuka,
    best tips is to either get a pro to help or buy the figure online. XD

11. samejima says:

Great that there are figure ufo catchers there… there are only few
    plushie ufo catcher in one mall here. Looking forward to your Feldt
    Grace photoshoot.

12. MrMayat says:

That stormtrooper graffiti has been there since Operation Enduring Freedom a.k.a 2nd Gulf War circa 2003/2004.

Anyway, we’ve been blessed with good skies these past few days, so make sure to take more sunrise/sunset pics.

13. Otaku Dan says:

lulz at the support your troops picture

14. koshiko says:

Lovely photos Gordon~! I especially love the Christmas tree with Konata <3

15. Rin says:

Why don’t we have one like that…
    I wish I had a UFO machine like that in Canada…sadly…none with figures…
    I support the troopers!!!!!

16. Z says:

What are you collecting the saga seeds for? ^^. UFO catchers here sucks so they are not even worth losing money on. I LOL’d real hard at the Obama and McCain cardboards XD

I seriously never touch one myself before, I only watch others play lols.

anyways Gordon, are you promoting at the open house at Temasek poly?

18. Actar says:

Yay! I got it right! But how did you manage to acquire one?

19. Marianto says:

Never knew that the UFO catchers in Singapore has figures for catch. Never really got into UFO catching though. Did tried some last time but failed miserably each time. Its either the machine’s haxed or I am downright unlucky.

Oh by the way Gordon, any chance that you will be doing the Clone Wars promotion in NYP as well? If so I will most definitely like to take a picture with you ^^

20. kazearashi says:

Ugh, I think I never tried playing UFO catcher before… Too expensive! :3

Might want to try one though… ^^;;

Great photos!! :)

@ samejima,
    ordered Feldt but haven’t pay for it yet. Still waiting for HLJ to combine orders.

@ MrMayat,
    thanks for info.

@ Otaku Dan,
    it’s funny?

@ koshiko,
    it’s a very big tree.

@ Rin,
    thanks for your support!

@ Z,
    will give away the seeds.

@ andra,
    yes i will be at Temasek poly in the afternoon. watch out for me if u are coming!

@ Actar,
    i ask her of course. ^^;

@ Marianto,
    there’s a Clone Wars promotion in NYP as well? when is it? if it falls on saturday then i guess i can’t be at 2 places at the same time. ^^;

@ kazearashi,
    save the money. those machines are evil. XD

@ phossil,
    thanks.

23. Persocom says:

nice pictures! UFO catchers in the US suck, at least all the ones I’ve seen so far. Saga seeds look interesting, first time I heard of them

24. James says:

Nice pics , the last one is especially beautiful !

And what is saga seeds ? didn’t know that ^^

25. Stifler says:

Hey, that stormtrooper graffiti’s on the ground outside the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts. Saw it plenty of times as I was walking towards KKnM lol. I remember getting a laugh out of it the first time I saw it.

26. Marianto says:

@Gordon

Oh I think you got me wrong, I was just wondering if you have a promotion in NYP since Temasek Poly got it as well. Will really hope to see Stormtroopers appear in NYP soon ^^

27. Blowfish says:

Poisonous?o.0
    I thought that they look tasty ^^;
    Well what are you collecting them for?

28. Kippei says:

Omg they have figurine catcher…..

@Gordon;

I not sure if I will be there on time since I am doing a poly marathon with my friends ^^; I will try to go and support!

@ Persocom and James,
    Saga seeds has a special significant to it. ^^;

@ Marianto,
    oh i see. nope, i guess it’s only at Temasek Poly.

@ Blowfish,
    secret.

@ Kippei,
    yes indeed.

@ andra,
    we will be there from 1pm to 4pm. catch me if u can. ^^

31. jusuchin85 says:

One things for certain though: the UFO catcher in Singapore is much, much better than the ones here! Figures as prizes? Wow, that’s a tough one… But either way, these things are built to be evil machines. Maybe those guys at MythBusters should try and crack up the urban myth: Are those UFO catcher machines winnable?

32. Gwen says:

Hey there, I think the trees around City Hall Mrt… the church outside… (forgot the name) have quite a few saga seed trees… It’s near Funan IT Mall.. the cross junction but at the side of the church that lane… you might wana check there out… Remember seeing some at Fort Canning too… but forgot the exact spot… ^^;; Hope you can find them…

33. Gwen says:

Opps.. btw, which outlet is that arcade located? It seems like quite many UFO catcher machines and… I spotted something I like… gona try my luck there.. :D

34. Pingback: Random Photo Shoot 3 « Gordonator

35. Pingback: Random Phoot Shoot 4 « Gordonator

36. Pingback: Random Photo Shoot 5 « Gordonator

37. Pingback: Candid Camera « Gordonator

38. Pingback: Random Photo Shoot 7 « Gordonator

39. Pingback: Random Photo Shoot 6 « Gordonator

40. Yeruklys says:

Sei que você não vai entender nada que esta escrito aqui, mas em minha cidade natal tem uma arvore dessa só reconheci por causa das semente de “saga seeds”

Google:
    I know you will not understand anything that is written here, but in my home town has a tree that only recognized because of the seed “saga seeds”

41. Yeruklys says:

Ops: My city is Xinguara – PA (Brazil)

42. Pingback: tourism information » Blog Archive » TR 2962 – East Coast, Singapore

43. Pingback: Cool Singapore Scenery images