Gold Lightan

Time for a dose of nostalgia. Golden Warrior Gold Lightan (黄金戦士ゴールド・ライタン), my favourite mecha anime when I was a wee lad growing up in the early 90s.

Gold Lightan is a golden mecha shaped in the form of a lighter who can enlarge itself to combat giant enemy mecha. Gold Lightan and his mecha buddies are sentient and do not require pilots like Gundams.

Most memorable is Gold Lightan’s trademark finishing move in which he stab into the enemy mecha’s body pulling out and smashing the enemy’s critical mechanism aka the heart.

Japanese OP

The one I watched as a lad was dubbed in Chinese. How many of you watch this anime before as well? ^^;

About these ads

This entry was posted in Anime. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Gold Lightan

i used to watch this too! oh the memories ^^

2. ed says:

nv saw this b4.
    my childhood mecha anime was Zettai Muteki Raijinoh or best know as Lei Shen Wang in chinese.
    lol.
    they used to air it damn early in the morning on channel8

I didnt have hear about it til now.
    >_<

4. Len-Vesper says:

Hee, my pleasure, Gordon.

I loved Gold Lightan, though I actually only started watching it a few years ago during my ‘big classic mecha burger with cheese’ phase.

Glad you found happiness with the name. :3

I can’t wait to see him in tats-vs-com.

5. Anonymous says:

my childhood mecha was the Timberwolf (Mad Cat to use the Clan name) from Battletech/Mechwarrior. PARTICLE PROJECTOR CANNON ftw.

6. fatb says:

Golden lighter? I’ve never heard of a lighter transforming into a battling robot. However, I use to have a lighter I used to burn photos of crazy ex-gf’s. It’s a hero in my books. XD

Emm.. Never saw this. ^^;

@Anonymous,
    Mad Cat from Mechwarrior! O_O I miss that game!

8. Hynavian says:

I remember watching Transformers and Power Rangers (if they can ever be considered mecha) when I was younger. ^_________^

9. Striket says:

Gold Lightan ftw!
    I remembered that i used to have a toy of that mecha! Too bad it’s lost now.

10. Rin says:

A old classic mecha anime series. I remember the first gundam series. That brings back memories…

11. yumeno says:

I was watching tha-… Wait, don’t think i wasn’t born yet :P

12. pp says:

when i was a kid, i thought that was a transformer.

13. Optic says:

There is a couple that comes vaguely into my mind but there are 2 that I can remember as clear as day.
    Transformers and Bots Master.
    Oh the memories. ^^

k,
    finally someone who watched it as well!

ed,
    oh i never watch that one.

phossil,
    thats alright. i wonder where i can get the DVD? :-/

Len-Vesper,
    thanks again buddy.

Anonymous,
    i never watch that one as well.

fatb,
    LOL!

Mizunaga,
    does malaysia show animes on TV?

Hynavian,
    Transformers as in the classic 80s one not the breast wars? and Power Rangers? lol, u are not old enough. ^^

Striket,
    lost? too bad. it could be worth a lot now.

Rin,
    they never show gundam when i was a kid. :-(

yumeno,
    u are still young my young apprentice. ^^;

pp,
    it is a transformer, it transforms into a lighter.

Optic,
    i used to watch transformers too on TV. but story got crappy after the death of optimus prime. :-(

15. Jacques says:

saw this show too during my primary sch days, if I’ve remembered correctly it was aired on weekdays ard 5-6pm slot. Watched Zettai Muteki Raijinoh which aired on Sat 2pm plus timeslot I believed and was great too, considering there were’nt much japanese anime available in singapore at that time.

And the most unforgettable was Yoroiden-Samurai Troopers which aired on wkday morning at 5 or 5:30am slot -_- , where ppl attending sch in morning session could watch b4 leaving home.

@ Jacques
    5 or 5:30am to catch an anime, i’ll rather sleep. O_O

17. Anonymous says:

Has anybody watched another chinese dub anime that had people transforming into combat suits (killing clothes is the direct translation lol) It also used to air on CH 8 in the wee hours of the morning

18. blauereiter says:

This isn’t God Mars is it ? I used to watch it as a kid on Singapore television though, it was in Mandarin too. Anyone remember that one ? :]

19. konadora says:

Haha wow, it’s a huge blob of gold bar >_<;;

My first mecha anime was Legendary Brave Da Garn, loved it so much that I would rewatch it over and over again.

20. Median says:

Where can I watch this series?

21. FiFi says:

i remembered too when it aired on ch8 late afternoon in the 90s, can’t find the catchy mandarin version themed music when its transformation phase.

22. David says:

I was digging around for this. Thanks!!

23. Lester says:

Hey there! I’ve been reading your site for a while now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Porter Tx! Just wanted to tell you keep up the great work!